Population of Spain: 48,000,000. Mobile Subscribers: 56,000,000 (c. 118% penetration)
- Mobile Entertainment: YES
- Online Gaming: YES
- Adult Content: YES
- Dating & Chat: YES
- Streaming Services: YES
- Lottery / contest: YES
- Gambling: NO
- Subscription: YES
Spanish Code of Practice (CoP)
Launching mobile-billed services in Spain – legal requirements
Becoming a merchant for mobile-billed services in Spain requires specific legal documentation. Through partnership with a local specialist, Empello can arrange for assistance, and allow you to focus on your launch.
- Major types of services include: professional services (all the services related to business activities), entertainment services (all the services that are linked to entertain), adult services (all the services with an erotic content), Charity (different fiscal treatment for the PSMS), subscription services.
- The merchant name has to be clear, and including on the landing page with the entire name and the address.
- The price of the service has to be complete and the font and prominence have to be clear.
- The banner can’t be offensive or misleading to any different service than the one advertised on the landing page.
- Every abbreviated word has to have at least 3 alphabetical characters