Finance Officer (Mobile Payments/ Cyber-security)
About the company
Empello operates at the cutting-edge intersection of Anti-Fraud and Mobile Payments.
From our warehouse-style HQ in Shoreditch, London EC2A we serve mobile operator and content provider clients across 4 continents, including Vodafone, Orange, Three and Docomo Digital.
Payments fraud in the mobile sector is growing and at the same time becoming ever more sophisticated. Empello was established in 2012, has enjoyed strong revenue growth and is uniquely positioned to benefit from a range of future growth opportunities.
About the role
The Finance Officer is a newly created post offering plenty of scope for development. The role reports directly to the Founders.
The successful candidate will act as a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth running of Empello’s day-to-day finances and financial reporting function.
General accounting duties include the input of all primary accounting information, invoice processing, reconciliation of accounts and preparation of management accounts.
- Process supplier invoices and other expenditure, invoice coding, authorisation and maintenance of bought ledger
- Process staff expenses, verification of claims, credit card payments and monthly petty cash reports
- Prepare weekly BACS payment of invoices, expenses and other payments as required
- Prepare sales/income invoices, coding, issuing invoices and recording income/receipts and maintenance of sales ledger
- Set up direct debits and standing orders as required
- Perform all bank, credit card and petty cash postings and subsequent monthly reconciliations for review
- Run monthly trial balance and prepare management accounts (income and expenditure, cash flow forecast, balance sheet)
- Deal with accounts and general routine queries to finance section from external and internal customers
- Lead on year-end accounts preparation and liaison with external audit
- Attend meetings/training as required
- Purchasing materials, equipment and services that provide value for money to the company
- Other duties deemed appropriate by the Founders to assist in achieving the aims and objectives of the company
We are seeking an individual with the following skills, attitudes and experience required for the role:
- Experience of ensuring complete, accurate and timely accounting records, using accounting products (ideally Quickbooks Online)
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi task, prioritise work, and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work using own initiative, but also seek support/guidance as required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including telephone skills)
- Willingness to get involved in a variety of projects and activities
- Part qualified
- Experience using Quickbooks Online, Quickbooks Desktop, Xero or similar packages
Outline terms and conditions of employment
- Salary: up to £35,000 pa (depending on experience)
- Contract: full-time
- Location: Shoreditch, London
- Holidays: 23 days a year and bank holidays.
- Probationary period: three months
- Pension: statutory pension scheme
- Set the scene: It doesn’t get much better than combining Cyber Security with Mobile Payments. Empello was established 6 years ago, and we’re a vibrant team of 30 at the London HQ, including 17 different nationalities and 21 different languages
- Based in warehouse style offices 1 minute walk from Old Street underground station (Silicon roundabout). Great in house social scene, and no shortage of bars, cafes and restaurants within a stone’s throw from our door step