Facts & Figures:
- The country has the total land area of 760 Km2 (293 sq. miles) with a 2019 population estimated at 1,630,012, which includes 568,399 Bahraini and almost the other half are expatriates.
- Bahrain has a high Human Development Index (ranked 48th in the world) and was recognised by the World Bank as a high-income economy.
- The total mobile subscribers were 2,994,865 subscribers with a minimum of 1,440,782 subscribers in 2008.
- There are three mobile network operators: Zain, Viva and Batelco, each operator has its own guidelines and regulations.
Flows & Rules:
- In order to host a VAS service in Bahrain, it requires specific legal documentation. Through partnership with a local specialist, Empello can arrange for assistance, and allow you to focus on your launch.
- All VAS landing pages are hosted by the Merchants/ aggregators. Merchants need to follow the guidelines in order to host their VAS services.
- Major aggregators operating in Bahrain are: TPAY, Actel and TIMWE.
- The subscription flow is mainly an OTP flow on Viva and Batelco and click flow on Zain, as at May 2019.