Facts & Figures:
- The total population in Brazil was estimated at 208.5 million people in 2018, according to the latest census figures. Their mobile penetration rate is of 110.55%.
- 4 Major mobile operators: Vivo (Telefonica), Claro (America Movil), TIM (Telecom Italia) and OI.
- The Total number of mobile subscribers is around 231 million being 225.8 million from the 4 major operators mentioned above with VIVO being the network with most users.
Flows & Rules:
- MEF v3.0 is the specific code of conduct for the mobile networks operating in Brazil supported by national regulator Anacom.
- 2 click flow Opt-in method with API header enrichment on TIM, Vivo. Claro operating only under pin-flow. OI with only on-portal services.
- Complex tax regulations mean that many content providers choose to have a local entity.