Facts & Figures:
- Iraq population in 2019 is 40.23 million. The total number of subscriptions per network is 16 million for Zain Iraq, 12.5 million for Asiacell and 7 million for Korek Telecom. The penetration rate is 96%.
- According to the data provided by the World Bank there are 87 mobile subscriptions per 100 people in Iraq.
- There are three mobile network operators: Asiacell (Ooredoo), Korek Telecom and Zain Iraq, each operator has its own guidelines and regulations.
Flows & Rules:
- All VAS landing pages are hosted by the merchants and payment pages are hosted by either the operator or aggregator.
- Major aggregators operating in Iraq are: SLA Digital, Iraqcom, MobiMind, Actel and Tpay.
- The subscription flows are click2sms, PIN or 2clicks flow, as at May 2019.