Facts & Figures:
- There are four mobile network operators: TIM, Wind, Vodafone and H3G.
Flows & Rules:
- All VAS landing pages are hosted by the operators.
- The last Code of conduct for Premium Rate services has been published on April 2019 by the regulator, mobile operators and the largest content service providers. The new code has as main objective to amplifying the consumer protection: on the one hand hampering unsolicited activations and on the other hand facilitating refunds through the introduction of a free single number of customer care.
- The subscription flow is two-step (double click) and include specific confirmation SMS in all the operator. The first click on the landing page corresponding to the button “CLICK AND CONFIRM”, the second click corresponding to the button “CLICK AND SUBSCRIBE” or “CLICK AND BUY”.
- Instance of auto-subscription as a result of malware and fraudulent activity are still under our detection because of high volume.
- High level of non-compliance due to misleading advertising, improper use of the main trend brands and popular social media, involvement of advertising targeting children.
- Major aggregators operating in Italy are: Lancio, Vetrya, Purebros and Engeneering.