Facts & Figures:
- Oman’s population in 2017 is 4.5 million. With 6.944mn mobile subscribers at end of 2017 in Oman, the sultanate averaged 1.5 mobile phones per person and a penetration rate of 152.3 per cent which is among the highest in the world.
- According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority, prepaid mobile connections represent 90.63 per cent of the total mobile subscriptions with 6.293mn subscriptions. The number of post- paid mobile subscriptions was 651,000 at end of 2017.
- There are two mobile operators in Oman: Ooredoo and Omantel.
Flows & Rules:
- On Ooredoo, most VAS landing pages are hosted by the merchants themselves.
- The subscription flow is mainly header enrichment 2 click flow on Ooredoo and OTP flow on Omantel.
- One of the biggest aggregators operating in Oman is TIMWE.