Facts & figures:
- Qatar population is 2,7 million in 2017.
- Smartphone market in Qatar is growing rapidly and has witnessed the highest adoption rate of smartphones exceeding the average adoption rate of smartphones in other Arab States.
- The penetration of smartphone in this country has reached 75%. Besides this, there are two different mobile network operators: Vodafone and Ooredoo, those operators have their own compliance and regulation guidelines.
- 148.29 is the number of mobile cellular subscriptions per 100 inhabitants being registered in Qatar in 2017. GSM data was reported at 3,572,434.000 unit in Dec 2017.
Flows & rules:
- All VAS landing pages are hosted by the aggregators and merchants.
- Major aggregators operating in Qatar are: TPAY & Actel for Vodafone and TIMWE for Ooredoo.
- The subscription flow is mainly OTP flow on both operators, with the exception for some merchants who enjoy the use of a click flow and PSMS flow.