Facts & Figures:
- Turkey’s population in 2019 is 82.44 million. 77% of the adult population uses smartphones. Internet access is smartphone centric.
- The total number of mobile subscriptions is 76.6 million which is 93% of the population.
- There are three mobile network operators: Turkcell, Vodafone and Turk Telekom; and each operator has its own guidelines and regulations.
- The total number of subscriptions is 34,2M for Turkcell network, 23.7M for Vodafone network and 18,8M for Turk Telekom network.
Flows & Rules:
- VAS Platform Services are subject to the regulations implemented by ICTA (The Information and Communication Technologies Authority)
- Major aggregator operating in Turkey is Payguru. Payguru operates under the payment license provided by the BRSA (Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency).
- VAS landing and payment pages are hosted by the merchants or the aggregator. On Vodafone network while the landing pages are hosted by the aggregator, payment pages are hosted by the operator.
- The subscription flow is mainly an OTP flow on all operators. Turk Telekom network has checkbox flow for services cheaper than weekly 7 TL or month 28 TL.