Facts & Figures:
- The UK population in 2019 is 66.919.087.
- Mobile Operators and Market Share (The UK Mobile penetration is 130%)
- EE 31%
- O2 22%
- Vodafone 21%
- Three 11%
- Virgin 8%
- Other MNOs 7% (Tesco, ASDA, Sky, GiffGaff, Lebara etc.)
Flows & Rules:
- The UK is regulated on a day-to-day basis by Phone-Paid Services Authorities (PSA).
- All services are hosted by aggregators or merchants. Content providers must comply with PSA Code of practise, PFI Scheme rules and carrier mandates.
- There are 2 types of carrier billing flows:
- standard PFI – provides a more templated approach to payment pages.
- Principles based PFI – allows more flexibility, whilst still being subject to same operator guidance.
- EE, Three and O2 have mandated PIN flow whilst Vodafone still have 2 click flow as of May 2019.